We've put up a project page on mediawiki.org about the potential "add an image" project: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Growth/Personalized_first_day/Structured_tasks/Add_an_image
We pinged community members on its talk page to start a discussion there in English. We want the Growth team's ambassadors to start similar discussions on their wikis (Arabic, Czech, Vietnamese, Bengali) so that we can gain the perspectives of other communities.
Here are the recommended steps for ambassadors to follow to start these discussions:
- Read over the English project page.
- Write a page in your own language, including whichever parts you think are most important for your communities to read. You can translate parts directly, or summarize. I recommend including the screenshot of the prototype and the link to try out the prototype (but please make sure to include that the prototype is for the purposes of testing the algorithm and the judgment of newcomers, more than showing an actual user experience).
- Post the page for your communities, and maybe ping people who you think might want to weigh in.
- If community members have questions you can answer, please go ahead. Otherwise @Trizek-WMF and @MMiller_WMF can help.
- Translate community responses into a document that will be sent separately.