Page MenuHomePhabricator

Wikisource Export: Subpages not being included in some exports
Closed, ResolvedPublic3 Estimated Story PointsBUG REPORT

Description

As a Wikisource user, I want the subpages bug fixed, so that I can see the full contents of the book in my ebook export.

Background: I have found a few Wikisource books where only the front page gets exported, but not the subpages. This only happens at the moment on wsexport-test. It does not happen on production. This is potentially due to our work in T264788.

Books to reproduce problem:

Acceptance Criteria:

  • Restore previous download behavior, so all pages are properly exported (rather than just the front pages)

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. ยท View Herald TranscriptDec 17 2020, 9:00 AM

That may related to a missing class "ws-summary", I know that was added way back to ensure that things were generated properly with a table of contents. I remember nothing else. Never have found it where it is defined.

ifried added a subscriber: ifried.Jan 5 2021, 3:45 PM

Thanks for providing this potential explanation, @Billinghurst! Since this seems to just be on wsexport-test (and not on production), we'll monitor this & keep it open, but we won't prioritize it at the moment. However, if you or anyone do see this on production, please do let us know in this ticket & we can investigate further. Thank you!

dom_walden added a comment.EditedJan 5 2021, 5:32 PM

... Since this seems to just be on wsexport-test (and not on production), we'll monitor this & keep it open, but we won't prioritize it at the moment. However, if you or anyone do see this on production, please do let us know in this ticket & we can investigate further. Thank you!

@ifried I think this was caused by the change T264788, which will be on production in due course. Sorry I did not make that very clear.

Ah, thank you for clarifying, @dom_walden! In that case, we'll discuss it tomorrow during estimation.

ifried updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 12 2021, 9:52 PM
ifried updated the task description. (Show Details)
ifried updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 12 2021, 10:35 PM
ifried updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 12 2021, 11:38 PM
ifried updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 12 2021, 11:46 PM
ARamirez_WMF set the point value for this task to 3.Jan 12 2021, 11:51 PM
ARamirez_WMF moved this task from To Be Estimated/Discussed to Estimated on the Community-Tech board.

Both of the ebooks in the description include all their pages in the export.

This change is also on production.

Test environments

ifried closed this task as Resolved.Tue, Feb 9, 5:42 PM

This has been deployed to production, and the pages are exporting as expected (i.e., full contents rather than just cover page). I'm marking this work as Done.