This task is about introducing the New Discussion Tool on mobile talk pages.
|Open||None||T276497 Scale DiscussionTools to all projects|
|Open||None||T251207 [Epic] Scale DiscussionTools to all Wikipedias|
|Open||None||T278588 Mobile talk page improvements|
|Resolved||ppelberg||T282638 [RELEASE TICKET] Offer Mobile Reply and New Discussion Tools at Partner Wikis|
|Open||None||T233446 [Epic] New Discussion Tool|
|Open||None||T308390 Avoid direct link to edit non-existing talk pages in Minerva|
|Duplicate||None||T270537 Introduce New Discussion Tool on mobile|
|Resolved||ppelberg||T282258 Design New Topic Tool mobile UX|
|Resolved||ppelberg||T287805 Introduce talk page empty state experiences on mobile|
|Resolved||Esanders||T302298 MobileFrontend editor always launches when opening empty talk pages|
|Resolved||Esanders||T302307 "Legacy hint" link doesn't work on mobile|
|Resolved||• iamjessklein||T305261 Mobile talk page empty state layout displays unexpectedly|
@Esanders are there steps different from the ones outlined below that I need to follow in order to try the WIP New Discussion Tool on mobile patch you wrote above?
Currently, when I follow the steps below I'm shown, what I perceive as, the existing mobile frontend new section experience:
- Create a patch demo using https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/683659
- Visit a talk page on the newly-created demo wiki [on mobile device]: https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/a365dc80a3/wiki/Talk:Coffee
- Click the Read as wiki page button at the bottom of the talk page
- Click the Add discussion button at the top of the talk page
- ✅ The New Discussion Tool opens
- ❗️[What I perceive to be] the existing mobile frontend experience opens
The patch didn't apply when I tried to create a wiki, and the wiki deleted itself as it should. I don't know why your wiki didn't delete itself, but it clearly didn't finish setting up, because the Main_Page hasn't been filled in and the logo is missing.