As part of the engagement experiment, provide users with an option to view a list of topics on the homepage to choose from as a way to discover content.
Feed will have a list of 7 topics.
Topics will be based on the top read categories of content in India.
Within each topic, there will be 5 articles a day.
Articles will be available in English on the English version in the app and Hindi in the Hindi app view.
|Home screen||Topic screen||Article list|
|Home screen Hindi||Topic screen Hindi||Article list Hindi|
- By default search bar is highlighted.
- Expand all 6 topics when a user presses the down key on D-PAD.
- SELECT softkey becomes available when the topic card is highlighted.
- By default "Entertainment" card is highlighted.
- Scroll up/down/left/right to view the cards. Users can use all keys on D-PAD to achieve this.
- For up/down movement, apply the scrolling behavior currently being used to scroll up/down the search results.
- Selection of any topic would open a screen with 5 articles.
- Bring back the control on the home screen when a user aims to select the search bar while viewing topics or articles inside them. (Attached reference .gif)
- Physical back key would bring back the control on the previous screen. E.g., Bring back the control on a topic if a user reads an article from it and press the back key.
- Topics cover image would be the thumbnail of the very first article. E.g., If People's topic has Barak Obama as a first article, then use its thumbnail for the Topic's cover image. Also topics cover image gets updated whenever associated articles under it get refreshed.
Note: Visual look and feel of design could look a bit different based on the testing during the development phase.