Name for main point of contact and contact preference
@Samwalton9, contact in this task is fine!
What teams or departments is this for?
What are the details of your request? Include relevant timelines or deadlines
In Q4 we're planning to roll out a notification for editors who become eligible to access content in The Wikipedia Library (T132084). This will retroactively notify everyone who already meets the criteria. We only have a ballpark estimate of 20,000-30,000 as the number of editors who will receive that retroactive notification, and would like to have a more accurate number.
The criteria for access is as follows:
- At least 500 global edits to Wikimedia projects
- An account that is at least 6 months old
The notification will be given to eligible users retroactively after their next edit, so we're not concerned about inactive users.
- How many users will receive this notification in the first week if we simply turned it on?
- With thresholds of 10,000, 4,000, 1,000, and 500 edits, reducing the threshold on a weekly basis (gradual rollout - T271921), how many users would receive the notification each week?
- Bonus question: After the initial deployment, how many new users will meet the threshold and therefore receive the notification each week?
How will you use this data or analysis?
This will inform our release thresholds and give us a realistic sense for how many users we expect to visit the tool. It will also help us understand what analytics software to use (T265001) based on our expected user base.
Is this request urgent or time sensitive?
We plan to deploy the notification in mid-Q4. Any time between now and then would be great.