Page MenuHomePhabricator

Convert SecurePoll TranslatePage to use OOUI
Closed, ResolvedPublic8 Estimated Story Points

Description

Use OOUI for the form on TranslatePage.php

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript

From meeting:

  • Everything in TranslatePage is custom which makes it harder to convert to OOUI
  • Kicking this to the backlog for now

Also from Estimation meeting, the points estimate is based on:

  • updating the form
  • keeping the table, but swapping out the inputs for OOUI inputs

Change 674432 had a related patch set uploaded (by DLynch; owner: DLynch):
[mediawiki/extensions/SecurePoll@master] Update TranslatePage for OOUI

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/674432

Change 674432 merged by jenkins-bot:

[mediawiki/extensions/SecurePoll@master] Update TranslatePage for OOUI

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/674432

dom_walden added a subscriber: dom_walden.

I have tested submitting translations in a couple of different languages and seeing the database and SecurePoll:<id>/msg/<lang> being appropriately updated.

I tested both LTR and RTL. In RTL, the dir attribute of the <textarea> is not changed to rtl, but we didn't do that before either.

Test Environment: (mostly) https://vote.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org SecurePoll 2.0.0 (e911b1f) 10:03, 6 April 2021.
Test Browser: Firefox 78