Primary task for deploying the StopForumSpam extension to Wikimedia production.
- Add the new extension submodule to the git mediawiki/extensions repo (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/101014)
- Add extension to the make-wmf-branch release tool (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/650167)
- Add StopForumSpam extension with steward and maintainer info to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developers/Maintainers
- Security review (likely unneeded in this case)
- Move extension CI config to wikimedia-deployed section (done)
- Deploy to beta cluster and evaluate (T181217)
- Performance review - complete (T266904)
- Set $wmgUseStopForumSpam to true (and other relevant config e.g. this and T273211) for pilot production wikis in InitialiseSettings.php
- Initially set to report-only mode (wgSFSReportOnly = true;) on pilot production wikis
- Internal discussion task: T309900
- Verify no need to convert relevant sql schema to abstract schema format (no database interactions at this time)
- Update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StopForumSpam ("Release status" etc)
- Create a logstash dashboard (permalink here)
- Create a basic README for SFS' git repo, even if it just points the mw.org doc page (c868500)
- Improve extension test coverage (T316963)
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative impact of SFS in Report-Only mode on candidate wikis
- Enable SFS in Enforce mode across candidate wikis within Wikimedia production
- Enable SFS in Enforce mode across all wikis within Wikimedia production
- Write a short (1-3 sentence) simple explanation for the Tech News newsletter, when editors need to know about this
 A group of initial pilot wikis will need to be determined, perhaps ptwiki (T261133) and others?
Also, T255208 needs more work including the likely addition of informal methods of evaluation (admin surveys, etc, perhaps using similar metrics as this ongoing experiment) as the evaluation of StopForumSpam would likely use many of the same metrics and evaluation tools.