Page MenuHomePhabricator

The Redirect button adds all possible variants of #REDIRECT
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The Redirect button on the editing toolbar adds all the local variants of the term #REDIRECT along with the original, so at trwiki you get

while you get the following at dewiki

and the following at jawiki

Obviously the redirect does not work with more than one of the possible alternatives, so you need to manually delete all but one.

Event Timeline

Change 659510 had a related patch set uploaded (by Reedy; owner: Reedy):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikiEditor@master] Use only the first item of various magic words

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/659510

I'm sorry, I overlooked that…

It might be stuck this way until Monday, unless someone is willing to deploy a backport today.

Change 659510 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikiEditor@master] Use only the first item of various magic words

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/659510

Change 659881 had a related patch set uploaded (by Reedy; owner: Reedy):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikiEditor@wmf/1.36.0-wmf.28] Use only the first item of various magic words

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/659881

Change 659881 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikiEditor@wmf/1.36.0-wmf.28] Use only the first item of various magic words

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/659881

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2021-01-29T17:31:08Z] <reedy@deploy1001> Synchronized php-1.36.0-wmf.28/extensions/WikiEditor/modules/jquery.wikiEditor.toolbar.config.js: T273231 (duration: 01m 02s)

Reedy claimed this task.

Confirmed fixed on trwiki:

To explain how it happened: In https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/WikiEditor/+/657905, I changed WikiEditor's image tool to recognize all of the aliases of the magic words used in the image syntax, like "alt" and "thumb", instead of just one. To do this, I had to change the list of magic words used by WikiEditor to include all aliases, rather than just a single one. I didn't realize that the same list is used by the editor elsewhere (I updated all uses in the file "dialogs.config.js", but not in "toolbar.config.js"), although in hindsight it should have been obvious.