This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of mw2377 and upwards
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Hostnames: mw2377 and upwards
Racking Proposal: these are replacing codfw: mw[2215-2250], so same rows as those if possible, equally distributed from the remainder of the mw cluster
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: 1g, internal vlan, 1 production and 1 mgmt connection
Partitioning/Raid: mw recipe
OS Distro: current mw use Buster
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T271156 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- end on-site specific steps
- - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Servers ready for service
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.