This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of backup2003
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: 10G, avoid sharing a rack (or row if possible) with backup200.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: 10G single production link, 1G mgmt link
Partitioning/Raid: backup1001 and backup1002 have software RAID1 for OS SSDs and RAID 6 for each array. If a new spec, just having HDs in RAID6 would be enough. HW raids requires manual DC ops setup- we can take care of installation, using partman recipe (custom/backup-format.cfg)
OS Distro: buster
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T271231 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- end on-site specific steps
- - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.