Release Ticket: offer manual topic subscriptions as a Beta Feature
This task, and its subtasks, represents the work that needs to be completed before we can offer manual Topic Subscriptions as a beta feature at the first set of Wikipedias.
The steps that need to be completed before we consider the deployment finalized can be found in the Deployment checklist section below.
- @Whatamidoing-WMF Make sure that wikis we would like to develop this for are on board T274193
- @matmarex, @Esanders - Prepare code for deployment: T274280; issue discovered during code review T284175
- @iamjessklein Design Review T279149, T284035, T279151, T279150, T281471
- @Ryasmeen Pre-deployment regression testing: T274279
- @ppelberg Product review
- @Whatamidoing-WMF announces planned deployment date at partner wikis: T274281
- @matmarex and/or @DLynch 1) schedules deployment of T274280 in an available backport window [i] and 2) attends said backport window to ensure config change is deployed as expected. Will be decided when we have the deployment date.
- @Whatamidoing-WMF publicize feature's availability at partner wikis once it's deployed: T274281
- @Ryasmeen post-deployment QA: T284120
- @ppelberg posts update to Talk pages project/Notifications mediawiki.org project page
- See: https://w.wiki/3ZFz
- Resolving any issues that emerge through people using manual topic subscriptions at our partner wikis
Release discussion deck
Deployment date as of June 24:
June 28, 2021 (Actual deployment date: 28 June 2021)