This task is about identifying the Wikipedias we will work most closely with in designing and developing the Topic Subscription feature. [i]
This section contains the objective of/reason for working with a subset of wikis as partners in the New Discussion Tool design and development processes.
Collaborate with a select number of wikis to increase the likelihood the new Topic Subscription feature causes Junior and Senior Contributors to receive timely and relevant responses to the things they say on Wikipedia talk pages.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of things we will collaborate with volunteers at our to-be-defined partner wikis on.
- Ensure the Topic Subscription feature works in ways people expect it to
- Ensure the Topic Subscription feature does not interfere with existing workflows
- Ensure the Topic Subscription feature looks and functions in ways Junior and Senior Contributors deem to be intuitive
- Project page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/Notifications
- Screenshot: Grab screenshot from T279149 once new prototype is ready
For now, we are drafting these criteria in this Google Sheet (limited access for now): Talk pages project/Partner wiki selection.
|Wiki code||Volunteer contact|
|meta||(no individual expected)|
|mediawikiwiki||(no individual expected)|
- Defined a list of partner wiki candidates that meet the ===Selection criteria
- A minimum of three partner wikis have agreed to work with the Editing Team as "partner wikis" in designing and developing the Topic Subscription feature