This task is about consulting with Senior Contributors about the approach we are currently taking to enabling people to elect to receive notifications when new comments are posted in topics they've chosen to "subscribe" to.
This idea of enabling people to more easily follow activity in specific talk page sections has been around for some time. [i][ii][iii][iv][v]
This task is about making sure we have an opportunity to learn from the people who have been thinking about this idea over the past couple of years.
Invitations for feedback
A list of issues/suggestions volunteers surfaced during this round of feedback are listed below.
- T275949: Implement topic subscription notification bundling
- T275943: Add support for subsection subscriptions
- T275881: Don't search for signatures in blockquote elements
- T275260: Enabled people to write custom rules for what activity they are notified about
- T274215#6845061: Consequences that could emerge when people are able to be more specific about the activity they are and are not made aware of.
- T273342: Introduce a way to view all of the topics you are subscribed to
- T276990: Ensure duplicate notifications are *not* sent for the same talk page event
- A conversation is started on the https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Talk_pages_project/Notifications inviting people to share what they think about what is being proposed in T263820
- People are invited at their local wikis to share what they think about what is being proposed in T263820