We want a list of possible names of the ReferenceTooltips gadget. This way we can disable it, when a conflicting gadget is active.
@JStrodt_WMDE found a list of wikis that use referenceTooltips in upper and lowercase. This conflicts with what we found before via T234204: Investigation: how many wikis have the ReferenceTooltip Gadget enabled by default?.
- Run some script and create an up-to-date list of wikis where referenceTooltips is lowercase.
- Look for other names with a regex like /.*ref.*tool.*/i.
- Update configuration with what we found.
- Iterate over all wikis (API libraries)
- Look for the gadget in each wiki:
- Search through the gadgets of each wiki (via gadget API - example) for the ReferenceTooltip data by applying loose rules which match against script and style files, and gadget name. Overcollect rather than undercollect. Look for other names with a regex like /.*ref.*tool.*/i.
- Store data (wiki, gadget installed: true/false, enabled by default: true/false, custom name) in a suitable form.