Implement the results found in T272457: Investigation: improved template search.
- Implement behind feature flag with:
- T271802: Better search - "wildcard word" rather than "title prefix" search, for template search dialogs (Template findability)
- T274907: Change template search in TemplateWizard to use standard search API
- T274906: Prioritize TemplateData description when indexing/searching
- T274908: How to exclude or lower the priority of subpages in search results?
- T275048: Change bolding of search results
- T277028: Add description to template search page and change title of component
- Make the "find a template by name" search in VisualEditor use the standard search API instead of prefixsearch.
- Optional: Check if it's possible to combine the 2 API queries into 1, similar to what MediaWiki-extensions-TemplateWizard does.
- Don't use any fancy options. No "intitle", no other sort order. The default behavior is usually better, as well as what the users are used to and expect.
Possible follow-up tasks (not part of this ticket):
- Experiment with and possibly implement a workaround to lower the priority of subpages (e.g. as suggested in T272457).
- Possibly show a snippet together with the title, especially when the search term doesn't appear in the title.
- Apply the same changes to MediaWiki-extensions-TemplateWizard → T274907.
- Ask the CirrusSearch devs how to exclude or lower the priority of subpages → T274908.
- Ask the CirrusSearch devs how to raise the priority of a template's TemplateData description → T274906.