This task relates to T260780 as it pertains to changing the prominence of the start module depending on whether a user has added and verified their email address. We want to give users the option of removing the module to show the Suggested edits module more prominently once their email address has been added, especially as the start module is no longer actionable or useful after the email is confirmed.
User job story
When I have confirmed my email address on Wikipedia,
I want to no longer see the start/email module,
So that I can see and use the Suggested edits module and other content more prominently at the top of my homepage.
- There is a close "x" icon button added to the confirmed email state of the start module so that users can choose to remove the module (or module preview as is the case on mobile)
- Upon selecting the "x" button, the user will see a toast message that they can edit or remove their email at any time by going to their Preferences.
|Confirmed email state (Desktop & Mobile)||Message|
Notes on the design:
- We want to give users the option to remove the module instead of it disappearing on its own
- The dialog lets the user know how to change their email if they hid this in error.
- The module will re-appear if the confirmed email address is removed.