This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of cloudnet2004-dev
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: codfw row b, can share rack with cloudnet2003-dev (it replaces it) but not other cloudnet-devs.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: First 1g port to cloud-hosts1-b-codfw, second 1g port to cloud-virt-instance-trunk
Partitioning/Raid: sw raid 1 of dual ssd
OS Distro: Buster
Per host setup checklist
- - receive in system on procurement task T264677 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- end on-site specific steps
- - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.