As described in the parent task, we are working on an API that will allow bot writers to automatically add highly relevant images to specific articles.
The goal is to have bots running on a few trial wikis in the experimental stage at the end of March 2021, so we would like to begin gathering data then, and be able to answer these questions in April 2021.
There are two categories of metrics we would like to collect:
- Metrics about the health of the project, that will help us understand how and whether to continue to move forward or if we need to make major changes
- How many edits are made by bots to add images, per wiki?
- What proportion of those edits are reverted within 48 hours (aka “unconstructive edits”)? Does this change by wiki?
- How many images are added to an article in each edit? Does the number of images added per edit relate to revert rate? Does this differ by wiki?
- Are there certain topic areas where images added by bots are more likely to be reverted?
- Larger analytical questions or hypotheses to answer
- Do page views increase when an article has more images?
- Do revert rates relate to page views?