T257391#6865400 makes it possible for the text editing toolbar to be offered within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes.
This task is about introducing/exposing a setting that enables people to turn the text editing toolbar within Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes on/off.
Not yet defined. @ppelberg to add the deployment date once it's been set.
- When the setting is "enabled," people should see the same text editing tools/toolbar available within Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes, available in its visual modes.
- When the setting is "disabled," people should NOT see any text editing tools/toolbar within Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes.
- By default, the setting for enabling/disabling text editing tools/toolbar available within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes should be TURNED OFF.
- People should NOT be able to turn the experimental toolbar setting on if they have both the Enable quick topic adding and Enable quick replying settings TURNED OFF.
- The setting should read as follows: Enable experimental tools in the quick replying and quick topic adding features' Source modes.
- 1. Where should people go to turn the text editing toolbar within DiscussionTools's source mode on/off?
- For now, the setting will be available in Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing's Discussion page section
- 2. How should this setting be configured by default?
- For now, this setting will be TURNED OFF by default.
- Requirements are implemented
- All Open questions are answered