Steps to reproduce
- On English Wikipedia create an account (I used User:WugapodesConfirmedPermTesting) and stay logged in
- In a different browser with +sysop account, grant the new account +confirmed
- With the confirmed account, create your sandbox page in its usual location (e.g. User:WugapodesConfirmedPermTesting/sandbox)
- With the confirmed account, go to Special:MovePage/User:WugapodesConfirmedPermTesting/sandbox. You will receive a permission error: "You cannot move pages because your account is too new or is blocked from editing..."
- With the confirmed account, go to a semi-protected page (e.g. Wikipedia:User access levels) and attempt to edit. You will receive a permission error: "This page is currently semi-protected so that only established, registered users can edit it."
According to the EnWiki documentation and Special:ListGroupRights, confirmed editors should be able to move pages and edit through semi-protection.