- Revert any changes for a merged settings dialog and restore the original page previews settings dialog.
- Logged-in users: Clicking the cogwheel should send users to the appearance preference tab where Reference Previews can be disabled, matching the behavior of Page Previews. The preferences will be separate.
- Anonymous / non logged-in users: Clicking should open a joint Page Previews and Reference Previews Popups settings dialog window with the wording below. Disabling Reference Previews, or Page Previews, or both should add a second screen to the pop up and a link to the bottom for the page for the user to re-enable it, implemented in T277640: Settings link to bottom of page for RefPreviews and Page Previews anonymous/non logged-in users.
- Hide cog wheel on RefPreviews popups on beta feature wikis and ensure that there is no additional white space when cogwheel is not shown, as fixed in T276200: Fix smaller design issues related to ReferencePreviews settings icon
- Define interaction with so-called "advanced" setting – deleted via T278949: Remove dead code in Popup extension.
Pop up header : Previews
Pop up text:
|Page Previews||Reference Previews|
|Label (next to check box)||Page previews||Reference previews|
|Description (under label, formatted the same as current description)||Get quick previews of a topic while reading a page.||Get quick previews of a reference while reading a page.|
Checking and un-checking the checkbox does not change the text.
Note: the header of the pop-up should be "Previews" as above (mock has not been updated)