Migrate tools/toolsbeta grid to Debian Buster since Stretch is deprecated. This is mostly just adding Buster queues, but then Stretch queues need to go away.
- make sure exec grid works
- make sure webgen grid works -- mostly working, but double-check blocked by T301117: toolsbeta acme-chief certtificate has expired
- make sure weblight grid works -- mostly working, but double-check blocked by T301117: toolsbeta acme-chief certtificate has expired
- make sure jsub uses stretch as default release https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/labs/toollabs/+/refs/heads/master/jobutils/bin/jsub#727
- make sure webservice uses stretch as default release https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/operations/software/tools-webservice/+/refs/heads/master/scripts/webservice#239
- verify usrmerge stuff https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/puppet/+/761684 (thanks @Majavah )
- make sure cron servers work in the new setup (specially with usrmerge stuff) [same as above]
About the migration itself, this will be handled by (@komla):
- review migration instructions, make sure we document common pitfalls and errors.
- create migration timeline.
- create migration communication plan.
- make sure controls are in place so we have visibility about how the migration is proceeding (https://sge-status.toolforge.org/ and friends)
- as an alternative to the stretch->buster migration, we would like to offer the alternative to migrate to k8s directly. Create wikitech docs for toolforge-jobs. See T285944: Toolforge: beta phase for the new jobs framework and T301665: Toolforge jobs framework: create documentation on wikitech
- Switch login.toolforge.org to point to Buster bastion
- Reminders via email to tool maintainers for tools still running on Stretch
- create plan for tools that don't migrate