Steps to reproduce
I am testing creating an item with 18 claims corresponding to 18 datatypes in a fresh Wikibase instance. Because the datatypes in a third-party Wikibase instance do not work out-of-the-box, I installed extensions and made a few changes in LocalSettings.php.template and docker-compose.yml. My reproducible experiment is available at https://github.com/UB-Mannheim/RaiseWikibase#testing-all-datatypes.
All properties with any of the 18 datatypes work without problems and without any error messages in a third-party Wikibase instance.
What happens instead
The page for the item with 18 claims looks like this:
- The property 'geoshape' with datatype 'Geographic shape': the map IS NOT RENDERED in a browser. What should be done in order to render it?
- The property 'musical motif' with datatype 'Musical Notation': problems with Lilypond, it is not found. Well, it's simply not there. Is it not sufficient to install 'Score' extension?
- Lexemes, forms and senses: the error messages "Formatting error: Unknown data type '%'." appeared. Is it not sufficient to install extensions 'WikibaseLexeme' and 'Form'? In principle, they seem to work, the links are clickable, but the error messages appear anyway.
- To embed a map, I needed to install Kartographer extension. To run Kartographer, I needed JsonConfig extension. Then I need to change a tile server $wgKartographerMapServer to a non-Mediawiki one, but even this is still not enough, see T271617 and T259868.
- There is also a debug message "[resourceloader] ResourceLoader duplicate registration warning. Another module has already been registered as wikibase.Site". It looks the same as in T267848.
Documentation for Data Types needs more explanations. Right now there is no information about what kind of extensions we need for each datatype. Because of this we have to look at variety of different issues at phabricator, in order to figure out how to configure the needed extensions.