Name: Sandeep Kumar Patel
Github profile: https://github.com/sandyabhi
IRC nick: Sandyabhi
Location: Chhattisgarh, India
Typical working hours: 6pm to 1am, Time zone: UTC +05:30
The project aims to create a tool that helps the user to zoom and pan the image.
I am 1st-year Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering) student at Kirodimal Institute of Technology Raigarh. I have deep interest in web technologies.
• How did you hear about this Program?
I got to know about this last year when I was searching for open source programs on the internet.
• Will you have any other time commitments, such as school work, another job, planned vacation, etc, during the duration of the program?
I have my exams in the month of April and May but I am sure it will end before the Coding Period. I do not have any other commitments. If I get selected I can give about 40 hours per week to the project.
• We advise all candidates eligible for Google Summer of Code and Outreachy to apply for both programs. Are you planning to apply to both programs and, if so, with what organization(s)?
I am only planning to apply for Google Summer of Code with Wikimedia Foundation.
• Review and test various zooming and panning libraries available.
• Integrate the library with the current code of the pagelist widget.
• If time permits, replace the old jQuery-based zooming and panning library used by the Page: namespace editor.
Zoom/pan library implementation demo:
|May 17 - June 6||Community bonding period. Get in touch with the assigned mentors, and will clear any doubts regarding the project and understand the whole project very well to finalize the tasks.|
|June 7 – June 13||Implementing and testing the different libraries for zooming and panning.|
|June 14 – June 20||Finalizing the library and integrating it in the code of the pagelist widget.|
|June 21 – June 27||Adding CSS and other features offered by library if required|
|June 28 – July 5||Testing all the implementation to the web app|
|July 6 – July 11||Making further changes in the code and improve the functionality, exception handling, and fixing any potential bugs.|
|July 12 – July 16||Evaluation period|
|July 17 – July 23||Improving the UI & UX|
|July 24 – July 31||Replacing old jQuery base zooming and panning library.|
|August 1 – August 7||Implement the Web App|
|August 8 – August 15||Fixing bugs and finalize the project|
Contributions in Wikimedia foundation:
• https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/labs/tools/VideoCutTool/+/673730 (patch for review)
Some of the projects created by me are given below:
-1: Anime Hunger
Github repo: https://github.com/sandyabhi/anime_hunger
It helps the user to search all the Anime movies or series.
• By default all the top rated anime are displayed in the home page
Github repo: https://github.com/sandyabhi/weather
It is a simple weather app which the weather.
• User enters the city in the search box
• Axios fetch the data from open weather API
• Result will gets displayed below