It should be possible to use the keyboard to navigate to the Search results page, by typing a search, then tapping [up] and [enter]. It is currently not possible, if an exact match exists.
This seems to have changed recently. It is currently working as expected in meta-wiki, but not working in beta cluster or officewiki.
Steps to reproduce:
- Type text into search box - Any text which matches an existing page title.
- Click the [up arrow], which will select the bottom item, "Search for pages containing [....]"
- Click [enter]
- The Special:Search page loads showing a the search results for the typed text
- The existing wiki-page is loaded
- At https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/?useskinversion=2 type in "foo" and use the keyboard to try to get to the search results. Instead, it sends you to [[Foo]].
(I'm using Firefox on Mint-linux, if that matters)