This was reported on the German-language Wikipedia's VE feedback page. I would be surprised if this has not been reported before, but I could not find a ticket for this problem.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to an article with multiple sections, e.g. Prothonotary
- Click on the edit link next to a section heading, e.g. next to "Byzantine usage"
- Make a change in a different section, e.g. in "Secular judiciary"
- Click on the Publish changes... button
- Observe that the edit summary textbox is pre-filled with the text "/* Byzantine usage */"
Unless the editor manually edits/deletes the section marker, the edit summary suggests that changes were made (just) to the section "Byzantine usage".