I noticed that the same user is translating messages into language ciw on translatewiki, and contributing articles to the Incubator Wikipedia into language ojb. Both of these are varieties of the Ojibwe language. Here's a discussion about it with that user:
I am now checking whether the two languages should be merged in the configuration. The user says that it's probably OK, and I'm also verifying it with a third-party Ojibwe expert.
Here are the steps I can see for clarifying this:
- Temporarily block the exporting from translatewiki to core MediaWiki until we are sure in which language code this will be done. This language is getting close to the export threshold, so it's better to pause it (patch).
- Decide whether a merger should be done, and into which code: Decided. I asked several people, and everyone agrees it should be to ojb. -- @Amire80
- Decide what should be the autonym of the merged language. Decided. I asked several people, and everyone agrees it should be to Ojibwemowin, which is now defined as the autonym for ciw in translatewiki and language-data. -- @Amire80
- Move the existing translations in translatewiki to the new code (subtask: T281053).
- Update translatewiki LanguageSettings.php (patch).
- Update the information in language-data upstream (patch).
- Update the information in the ULS extension (depends on the previous step; patch).
- Unblock the exporting of ciw in translatewiki (patch).
- Update the ciw translatewiki portal to ojb.
- Clean up Babel boxes and User:ciw * categories