Proposal for https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T274635
Name : Gunda Venkata Sai Praveen
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume (optional) : Gunda Venkata Sai Praveen
Location (country or state) : Hyderabad, India
TimeZone : UTC +5:30
Typical working hours (include your timezone) : 9 AM-2PM. Incase if college is there then probably shift to 5PM-10PM and can be extended based on completion time required.
page). So it brings a lot of advantage to the newbie developers.
Deliverables and Timeline
March 31- May 4 (Acceptance Waiting Period)
Research about Wikimedia and work on the Microtasks. In this time I will learn some advanced applications of JS and have a clear understanding of the missions of the project.
May 17,2021 -June 7,2021(Community Bonding Period)
I will chart out appropriate requirement specifications, design plans and ascertain success criteria. I will gain reaffirmation of my planned approach from mentors and discuss optimal strategies with them.
June 7 -July 16 (Phase 1)
I will work on the following drafted mission 1,2,3.
- Mission 1: Basic Intro
- Mission 2: Using MediaWiki’s JS module
- Mission 3: Using MediaWiki API
and I will prepare the required documentation and validation.
July 17-August 23 (Phase 2 and final evaluation)
Work on drafted mission 4
- Mission 4: Using OOUI
- Integrating the four missions and additional design part based on feedback, Bug Fixing, Implementing Automated Tests ,Documentation of Whole Project
- Submission of Work Product (Final documentation, polish code clean-up) I will cross check and update documentation of my work and will make last-minute improvements to mentor and self-satisfaction. Will update my git repository.
- I will regularly update my work in my Github repository which has already been created.
- I will maintain a workboard on Phabricator for the above-mentioned deliverables.
- I will also regularly communicate with my mentors and other community members at WMF.
- I will complete all my works regularly even if it demands me extra effort and time.
- Documentation to be prepared and I will send a weekly report to my mentors.
I am a third-year undergraduate student pursuing B.Tech in Engineering with a major in Computer Science & Engineering from B.V. Raju Institute of Technology ,Narsapur
How did you hear about this program?
I am very enthusiastic in GSOC and found it online while browsing and I discussed regarding it with my faculty.
Will you have any other time commitments, such as school work, another job, planned vacation, etc, during the duration of the program?
I may have my Semester exams in the mid July so I dedicate more hours before and after to cover that work and I will dedicate upto 10 hours per week during my Semester exams
We advise all candidates eligible for Google Summer of Code and Outreachy to apply for both programs. Are you planning to apply to both programs and, if so, with what organization(s)?
I am only applying to Google Summer of Code 2021 for now.
- What does making this project happen mean to you?**
I have been an enthusiastic user of Wikipedia since childhood. In my childhood, I thought of Wikipedia as an encyclopedia enclosing all the
information I need and helped me in completing my homework. It has helped me tremendously in my studies and projects.
This project is a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a coder.
The most exciting part of this project is the ability to help newbie developers in the onboarding process to write user scripts as they won't find themselves lost in the vast documentation of mediawiki. These userscripts will also give the users enough motivation to learn from and to contribute towards the development.
I will regularly upload my different web assignments,projects and also the microtasks in my Github account during the whole GSOC(especially in the acceptance period during working on codebase and familiarizing with Wikimedia) and also post GSOC. Please look into the following links for my future work assignments and projects on Web Development.
And the second link is for my assignments and projects that I developed in the Nagarro Bootcamp Web Development by Coding Blocks.
Any Other Info
Please check my projects in my Github page.