Deployed to all wikis.
- Backup Train Conductor
- Release Version
- Release Date
- May 10 2021, 12:00 AM
2021 week 19 1.37-wmf.5 Changes wmf/1.37.0-wmf.5
This MediaWiki Train Deployment is scheduled for the week of Monday, May 10th:
|Monday May 10th||Tuesday, May 11th||Wednesday, May 12th||Thursday, May 13th||Friday|
|Backports only.||Branch wmf.5 and deploy to Group 0 Wikis.||Deploy wmf.5 to Group 1 Wikis.||Deploy wmf.5 to all Wikis.||No deployments on fridays|
- See https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments for full schedule.
How this works
- Any serious bugs affecting wmf.5 should be added as subtasks beneath this one.
- Use this form to create one.
- Any open subtask(s) block the train from moving forward. This means no further deployments until the blockers are resolved.
- If something is serious enough to warrant a rollback then you should bring it to the attention of deployers on the #wikimedia-operations IRC channel.
- If you have a risky change in this week's train add a comment to this task using the Risky patch template
- For more info about deployment blockers, see Holding the train.
- Train status
- MediaWiki 1.37/Roadmap
- Commits cherry-picked to 1.37.0-wmf.5
- Backports vs train deployment
- Mentioned Here
- T282825: PHP Deprecated: Use of RevisionListBase::$title was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.37. [Called from RevDelRevisionItem::getHTML]
T282833: MapSourcesPage.php: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 13
T282834: LogEventsList.php: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: pageName
T282735: Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError: Error 1048: Column 'gt_page_id' cannot be null (db1138)Function: GeoData\Hooks::doLinksUpdateQuery: INSERT INTO `geo_tags` (gt_page_id,gt_id,gt_lat,gt_lon,gt_globe,gt_primary,gt_dim,gt_type,gt_name,gt_country,gt_region) VALUES (NULL,NULL,'45.811666666667','4.9194444444444','earth',1,1000,'camera',NULL,NULL,NULL)
Risky Patch! 🚂🔥
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/681644/ (removing support for Revision objects in Linker methods)
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/681730/ (remove Revision objects from WikiPage)
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/683957/ (remove deprecated talk page message handling in User class, including UserRetrieveNewTalks hook)
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/683964/ (remove remaining non-test uses of Revision objects)
- TDB: extension patches, including parsoid
- What it does/What it's risky:
- There's nothing particularly risky about this one, but it's big and touching a lot of code. Specifically, we are continuing the removal of the Revision class and associated code. This week we removed all non-test uses of Revision objects from core, and (hopefully) also the support for Revision objects in extensions. All of this code was already hard deprecated and should not have been executed in production. We are going to hold off on actually deleting the Revision class for at least a week, to make sure it goes into the next train in case there were any issues.
- Test Plan:
- This should have all been dead code emitting deprecation warnings, so there isn't really anything to test, just watching the logs
- Places to Watch for Breakage
- Logstash MediaWiki Errors Dashboard: https://logstash.wikimedia.org/app/kibana#/dashboard/mediawiki-errors
- Grafana Production Logging Dashboard: https://grafana.wikimedia.org/d/000000102/production-logging
- Revert Plan: rollback
- Wikis Affected: all
- IRC Contact: @DannyS712 (or @Pchelolo if I'm not around)
- UBN Task Projects/tags: User-DannyS712 (Platform Engineering if I'm not around)
@dancy following on from @Legoktm comment above, it would be preferred by the team that introduced the bug to backport https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/689889 instead of the one @Legoktm has pointed to.
Are you referring to the morning backport window? Looking at https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments#deploycal-item-20210512T1800 I only see one patch listed there (689545) so you should be able to get in there.
End of day status: Blocked at group1 due to some new error messages in logs.
- T282833 MapSourcesPage.php: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: xx
- T282834 LogEventsList.php: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: pageName
T282825 is also generating noise but it is deprecation warning so I made it a blocker for next week's train. There is already a patch ready for review