Deployed to all wikis.
- Backup Train Conductor
- Release Version
- Release Date
- Jul 26 2021, 12:00 AM
2021 week 30 1.37-wmf.16 Changes wmf/1.37.0-wmf.16
This MediaWiki Train Deployment is scheduled for the week of Monday, July 26th:
|Monday July 26th||Tuesday, July 27th||Wednesday, July 28th||Thursday, July 29th||Friday|
|Backports only.||Branch wmf.16 and deploy to Group 0 Wikis.||Deploy wmf.16 to Group 1 Wikis.||Deploy wmf.16 to all Wikis.||No deployments on fridays|
- See https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments for full schedule.
How this works
- Any serious bugs affecting wmf.16 should be added as subtasks beneath this one.
- Use this form to create one.
- Any open subtask(s) block the train from moving forward. This means no further deployments until the blockers are resolved.
- If something is serious enough to warrant a rollback then you should bring it to the attention of deployers on the #wikimedia-operations IRC channel.
- If you have a risky change in this week's train add a comment to this task using the Risky patch template
- For more info about deployment blockers, see Holding the train.
- Train status
- MediaWiki 1.37/Roadmap
- Commits cherry-picked to 1.37.0-wmf.16
- Backports vs train deployment
- Mentioned In
- T287704: TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Wikibase\Client\DataAccess\Scribunto\Scribunto_LuaWikibaseEntityLibrary::addLabelUsage() must be of the type string, null given, called in /srv/mediawiki/php-1.37.0-wmf.16/extensions/Scribunto/includes/engines/LuaSandbox/LuaSandboxCallback.php on line 26
T287642: InvalidArgumentException: The given PageIdentity does not represent a proper page
- Mentioned Here
- T287649: Regression wmf.16: New vector no longer aligns sites correctly
T191021: User links: Standardize `.mw-ui-icon` to overhauled icon canvas size 20x20
Risky Patch! 🚂🔥
For the information of the train conductor:
We made some changes to how several icons are rendered inside Vector. This brings them into consistency with the mobile skin fixing bugs there but our editors don't always use mobile skin so there is a slight risk of other issues becoming visible.
- Test plan:
We believe we've scanned all impacted repositories and protected them against any regressions however there may be issues relating to cached HTML or user gadgets
- Places to monitor:
If any visual issues with icons are reported on Phabricator, irc or village pumps please direct them to this comment and ping @Jdlrobson
- Revert plan
If any issues are discovered they should not block the train or require a rollback, as they were already broken in mobile, however we will look to have them addressed via backports within 7 days.
- Affected wikis:
- IRC contact: @Jdlrobson
This appears to have caused T287649: Regression wmf.16: New vector no longer aligns sites correctly based on timing - I'm investigating that, but I don't believe it would warrant reverting, and since it only impacts meta it doesn't block the train from moving to group 2