There is a delay between entering values when adding/editing statements and being able to save the changes. This is particularly frustrating for people who are used to pressing enter to save, because they have to either wait for the interface to react before pressing enter, or hammer the enter key until it works. This also makes the interface seem slow, laggy and unresponsive.
Steps to reproduce:
- Copy some text to the clipboard, e.g. the word "test"
- Go to an Item, e.g. Wikidata Sandbox
- Click "add statement"
- Select a string property, e.g. Sandbox-String, and make sure the value field is focused
- Press the appropriate keyboard shortcut to paste (e.g. ctrl-V) immediately followed by the enter key to submit the edit
Expected outcome: The saving process begins (which will either be successful and then exit editing mode, or encounter an error, display an error message and return to editing mode).
Actual outcome: Nothing happens, as if the enter key had not been pressed.
Agreed while picking this up to investigate, write up options, and do any low hanging fruit in this area
- We know what can be done to tackle this issue
- Delay between entering a value (of any type) and being able to press enter is reduced (using any low hanging fruit available)