This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of an-web1001
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: Any 1G rack, as it needs analytics vlan and that is available in all 4 rows.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: single 1G production connection, analytics1-X-eqiad vlan (X = row letter)
Partitioning/Raid: sw raid standard two disk raid 1
OS Distro: Buster
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T264344 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- - firmware update (idrac to 5.00.00.00 , bios to 2.11.2 , network to 21.80.9)
- - operations/puppet update - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/puppet/+/700968
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.