This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of copernicium
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Please note Rob filled this section out with assumptions based on the host it is replacing, see comment T279170#7069678. Moritz may update this before the host arrives as needed.
Racking Proposal: 10G rack, no other restrictions (it is replacing sodium not running in redundancy with it.)
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: single 10G production network connection to public vlan (mirror1001.wikimedia.org)
Partitioning/Raid: hw raid10 setup of all 4 disks, then hwraid-1dev.cfg partman recipe
OS Distro: Bullseye (please quickly ping Moritz before installing)
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T279170 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- - firmware update (idrac, bios, 1g and 10g network, raid controller)
- - operations/puppet update - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/puppet/+/705008
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.