Wikibase Release Pipeline has introduced acceptance tests that, among others, verify correctness of essential Wikibase functionality (see T282476). Some tests cover functionality that is not tested in the existing Wikibase CI infrastructure, e.g. integration between Wikibase "Repo" and "Client" components. Lack of those tests could lead (and has in the past) to introducing bugs to the functionality without noticing it early enough.
Goal: Using new test suite would reduce the number of bugs introduced and give higher confidence on the correctness of the code
We see 2 possible paths that may make sense:
- This task could benefit from releasing Wikibase acceptance tests as a dedicate software package (T282476), this could then be used by Wikibase.git
- The acceptance tests could be triggered where they currently exist (release pipeline) from Gerrit / Wikibase.git
It will likely make sense to split this task up when tackling it, one for investigation & 1 for implementation.
- We know which path makes the most sense to us.
- Wikibase acceptance tests, have been integrated (as voting tests) into Wikibase CI infrastructure.
- Pipeline is at https://github.com/wmde/wikibase-release-pipeline
- Main place to look for the acceptance tests is https://github.com/wmde/wikibase-release-pipeline/tree/main/Docker/test/selenium
- Previous investigation into CD for the pipeline that produced some patches which did not end up merged. In particular this PR where the pipeline is triggered using a python script.