A new release has been created: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/operations/software/wmfmariadbpy/+/refs/tags/v0.7
The packages are built, and uploaded to apt.wm.o.
This release needs to be coordinated with a puppet change: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/puppet/+/665324
- Log that the upgrade is starting: !log Deploying wmfmariadbpy 0.7 T283228
- Disable puppet on all db primaries: sudo cumin A:db-role-master 'disable-puppet "Deploying wmfmariadbpy 0.7 - kormat - T283228"'
- Merge puppet CR
- Upgrade wmfmariadbpy packages on db2142 (x2 primary in codfw): sudo apt install wmfmariadbpy-common
- Run puppet manually (puppet will not start the systemd service for pt-heartbeat itself, by design, so this should be safe)
- pkill -f pt-heartbeat-wikimedia && systemctl start pt-heartbeat-wikimedia
- Check the heartbeat table to ensure that writes are happening.
- Check that sudo -u nagios db-check-health succeeds.
- Upgrade wmfmariadbpy packages on cumin2001: sudo apt install wmfmariadbpy-common
- Check that mysql.py and db-replication-tree work correctly.
At this point there should be a clear go/no go to continue the deployment. If everything looks good:
- Use debdeploy to upgrade packages on all db primaries: sudo debdeploy deploy -u $SPECFILE -s db-role-master
- Run puppet on all db primaries: sudo cumin A:db-role-master 'run-puppet-agent -e "Deploying wmfmariadbpy 0.7 - kormat - T283228"'
For each primary (in both DCs):
ps -wwwf `pgrep -f pt-heartbeat-wikimedia`; pkill -f pt-heartbeat-wikimedia && systemctl start pt-heartbeat-wikimedia; systemctl status pt-heartbeat-wikimedia mysql heartbeat -e 'select * from heartbeat'
- Use debdeploy to upgrade packages on all other machines that use them.