As part of the Hackathon 2021 and more specifically https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T282561 I came to the point where I wanted to discuss on the topic with other interested people in a dedicated instant messaging service.
As many people are already using Telegram for the Hackthon, at least in a first time, creating a canal there seems the most straight forward thing to do. But there are certainly place for a more thoughtful plan on this regard. We should certainly evaluate the solution we will retain on the long run with accessibility kept in mind.
- create the Telegram canal : https://t.me/wikimedia_accessibility
- invite people in the Telegram canal
- add the Wiki bot in Telegram
- create a dedicated original logo for the canal, and more generally for the working group (see T283447)
- index current communication means used to discuss accessibility of Wikimedia (including Meta talk pages, mailing list, etc.)
- evaluate accessibility level of existing chat services
- determine which chat service is the best match for Wikimedia Accessibility working group, promote it
- possibly, create bridges where it makes sense (IRC, Matrix, Telegram…)