It seems to be non-trivial to setup CirrusSearch locally manually in a way where we have a setup similar to production. Lets find out how that would be using vagrant.
So setup vagrant, checkout the current patches from T274903: Change template search in VisualEditor to use standard search API and try with some test data.
Investigation success criteria:
- Patch "Show redirects as part of description in template search" successfully finds redirecttitle in api responses from the cirrussearch extension.
- Can be run locally or on the test instance. Even better, both.
- If successful,
- Install on the test instance.
- Port as a new docker-dev module.
- If unsuccessful,
- Ask Discovery-Search team for guidance.