- The username of your existing account on wikitech.wikimedia.org: west1
- Do you currently have shell access (Yes/No)? Yes
- Purpose (Specify which service you need to get access to, e.g. Icinga, Grafana, Superset etc): Hadoop, Jupyter Hub, Analytics UIs
- The specific LDAP group that you want to be added to (optional): nda
Requestor provided information and prerequisites
This section is to be completed by the individual requesting access.
- Wikitech username: west1
- Email address:
SSH public key (must be a separate key from Wikimedia cloud SSH access):
- Requested group membership: nda
- Reason for access:
- Name of approving party (manager for WMF/WMDE staff):
- Ensure you have signed the L3 Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities document:
- Please coordinate obtaining a comment of approval on this task from the approving party.
SRE Clinic Duty Confirmation Checklist for Access Requests
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered, including expansion to existing access. Please double check the step has been completed before checking it off.
This section is to be confirmed and completed by a member of the SRE team.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (All WMF Staff/Contractor hiring are covered by NDA. Other users can be validated via the NDA tracking sheet)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform)
User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not shared with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponsor for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
access request (or expansion) has sign off of group approver indicated by the approval field in data.yaml
For additional details regarding access request requirements, please see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access