Non-commons wiki's utilise images stored both locally and stored in a shared repository (Commons). Media search will show both local and commons files both using search box and using url string
Shared files pseudo exist locally. So the API locally is pulling in both local and shared files through the same request and are identified with
- Make tweaks to extmetadata to surface shared repository pageid's.
- Surface concept URI
- Switch to using file names. Some complexity in terms of ease of use in that the page title namespace prefix is localised.
Criteria for determining the best approach:
- Would enable effective use of quickview planel for both local and shared images on non repository wiki's.
- Potential impacts to other uses of extmetadata identified and mitigations proposed (namely MultimediaViewer)
Expected outcome of this ticket:
- Determine what the best approach is, and document why it's the best approach and pros/cons
- Create a new ticket to implement that approach
- Have an understanding of when an image is not from Commons, what data we do and don't have