Add a link have been tested on our pilot wikis (deployment task: T278710), and now, it is ready to go to more wikis.
We will go with a shortlist of wikis, to have an opportunity to monitor these wikis closely, before deploying to all wikis. The wikis we select have to be rather active wikis.
Wikipedias to work with:
- Generate datasets and models
- Verify with backtesting on stat1008
- Create tables on production wikis (done in T266913: Add a link engineering: create tables in Wikimedia production)
- Update NewcomerTasks.json on production wikis
- Enable backend configuration flag so refreshLinkRecommendations.php begins filling task queue
- Enable frontend configuration flag
- Deploy configuration patch for link-recommendation/control split https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/mediawiki-config/+/703179/
- Run maintenance/userOptions.php script to move users who are not in control group into the linkrecommendation group (T283867)
Communities relation tasks
- T285467: Create an help page for Add a link
- Week 27: announcement to communities
- Week 29: deployment