- Wikit: Message
- Bridge: IconMessageBox
- ContentTranslation: Message
- MediaSearch: Message (styles)
- NearbyPage Errorbox
Wikimedia Design Style Guide link:
The Figma specification includes the option to use a custom icon instead of one of the 4 standard icons. The ContentTranslation Message component implements this via a named slot with a default value of the standard icon for the specified message type.
Should there be an option for making a message dismissable (via a close button)? This is a use case we've run into on the structured data team several times. See Vuetify for an example. The ContentTranslation component also implements this.
Should there be an option to allow a message to disappear automatically after a set amount of time? This option and the dismissible option are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
- Should there be a default transition when a message appears and disappears?
- Should we give users the option of specifying transitions? See Vuetify.
Acceptance criteria (or Done)
- Add missing variants in the Figma spec sheet
- Publish Figma library with all message updates
- Add missing variants in Codex
- Not dismissible (without close icon)
- Message height should grow with the length of the text (now the text expands outside the message box)
- Add Bold and link in the message demo
- Add Fade out variant with default or customizable seconds to disappear
- Update paddings in mobile on left and on right from 24px to 16px.
- We need to apply the following transitions:
- Transition-duration should be 250ms (instead of 0.1s)
- Timing function: ease-out when user clicks the button and ease when the message automatically appears and disappears
Pending fixes due to using em values:
- Icon size (should be 20x20 px)
- Padding between icon and text (should be 8px)