Since a few days it is no longer possible to link Commons pages to their Wikidata Items via the AddLink dialog on the client. It seems the language selection never works. It seems previously we let people select Wikipedia language versions here.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to a Commons category that does not yet have a Wikidata item associated with it - example Category:Coaches of Everton L.F.C.
- Click on 'Add links' a the bottom of the sidebar
- Enter 'en'
- Normally this would present a list of options, and you could select 'enwiki' - but it no longer does this.
- Normally you could then enter a page name, but this option remains greyed out, and you can't click the 'link with page' option.
GIVEN a page on Wikimedia Commons
AND that page has no Item connected to it on Wikidata
WHEN adding a sitelink via the AddLink dialog on Wikimedia Commons
THEN I can select a Wikipedia language version in the language input field
- language selection in the AddLink dialog on Commons works again
- It seems the issue is in the backend and not the frontend of the AddLink dialog.
By now it is on Commons no longer possible to add site links through the
as shown here as soon as you fill in the field for the language the next field page is not accessible.
this is really annoying as you need to manually create the item in wikidata in order to add the interwikilinks.