- As someone who would like to use functions on Wikifunctions, I need a place where I can utilize functions by inserting my own inputs and somewhere where I can view and capture the outputs, so that I can have my questions or queries answered.
- As someone who would like to use functions on Wikifunctions, I need a way to know how to ask structured questions in the language I understand, so that I can have my questions or queries answered. (Sukhwinder)
Why are we doing this?
We want to ensure that people who would like to answer questions utilizing functions have an interface that enables them to insert their own inputs and to view outputs.
Proposed functions or features
- Input fields + input import
- Input validation (is this an appropriate input?)
- Ability to run/return to complex functions
- Clear status indicators (stalled, computing, etc)
- A way to view, save and export outputs
- A way to use outputs as inputs
- A way to embed a function on Wikipedia
- A way to connect a function to a data source
- A way to note when a function has been used
- Track nested functions
- Stats for function usage
- A way to see what languages a function has been translated to
- Set preferences
- Cross-wiki communication tools
- Limited use of technical terms
- A way to request that a function be built
- A place to ask for information that might be solvable with functions
- A way for Wikipedia editors to request specific functions
- A way to communicate with editors as a non-editor
- A clear and understandable definition of functions
- Documentation around utilizing functions
- Ability to create an account / support for anonymous accounts
- Will the system be able to support running a complex function in the background (eg. without the tab open)
- How will mobile screen sizes affect output displays?
- What types of out export can we support? (eg. file types, etc)