- bug 26522
- comments on r79089
So to reimplement this, I suggest one of the following ideas:
Seperate form in new window
- This form has a "Subscribe to the release announcements mailing list" <legend>
- a label with "Email"
- and a "Subscribe" submit button.
- When pressed submit to a new window. User sees the result and knows that a confirmation link send by lists.wikimedia will be waiting in the Inbox.
Within PHP when pressing next
- We use the value of the normal Email-field
- A checkbox that will decide whether or not to subscribe.
- When Continue is pressed on the Name-page, a POST-request is done to the mailingslist page. The result of it is ignored.