This task represents the work with estimating how DiscussionTools' demand for Parser Cache storage is likely to grow over time.
@DAbad and the platform team(s) will use this information as part of the work/planning they are doing to converge on an approach for making Parser Cache, or something like it, more reliable and performant in the long-run (read: on the order of years).
- 1. In a future where all talk page project features [i] are available to all users (logged in + out), at all Wikimedia projects by default, how much demand will DiscussionTools have for parser cache's storage?
- In the long-term, the Editing Team estimates DiscussionTools' uncompressed parser cache usage to grow by somewhere between 10% (1.1x) and 90% (1.9x). See more in T285995#7234495.
- 2. Are the Performance and Data Persistence Teams [ii] comfortable with the Editing Team offering the Reply Tool as an on-by-default feature to all Wikipedias?
- 3. Is the Editing Engineering Team confident enough in DiscussionTools' code at this point to offer these features as on-by-default at all Wikipedias and suppressing particular features (e.g. using CSS) where applicable?
- Yes. See: T285995#7231771.
- Answers to all ===Open question(s) are documented in the task description