This task represents the work with implementing the new instrumentation that was decided upon in T277349.
- Implement all changes described in talk_page_event spec.
- Note: this new instrumentation will be used to track published edits on all talk page namespaces including new topics, comments, and responses made using either page editing methods or the Reply Tool and New Discussion Tool.
- Re-enable all notification-related events currently tracked in the Echo schema.
- Note: All notification-related events will be tracked using existing instrumentation in EchoInteraction and Echo.
- 1. How – if at all – might the instrumentation implementation be impacted by us deciding to limit the initial implementation of Automatic Topic Subscriptions to DiscussionTools interfaces?
- Context: @ppelberg link to parent ticket.
Instrumentation QA instructions
- The new instrumentation that is needed is defined and documented in this ticket
- The new instrumentation is implemented
- A document/reference is linked that contains all of the actions Editing QA ought to test and the corresponding events they should expect to be emitted in the browser's console
QA has verified the new instrumentation/events are being emitted from clients in expected ways
- See: T286076#7473598.
Tickets are filed for any unexpected behavior
- Moot; no unexpected behavior observed
New instrumentation is documented on-wiki
- Moot: schema changes are self-explanatory
- Two notes: 1) TBD where exactly this page will exist and what information it will contain and 2) Within this page, it's likely we'll need to document events that are shared across interfaces (e.g. Log save_success_timing from Schema:EditAttemptStep can be used in conjunction within Schema:VisualEditorFeatureUse.