Please provide the following information.
- Provide a short summary of your proposed post for the Wikimedia Technical Blog. Blog readers will see this as the preview to your post:
Most user traffic was switched from our primary Virginia datacenter to our secondary one in Texas, this post covers how it went and what issues popped up
- Which topic type does your blog post fall under? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#Outlines_for_topics:
This is primarily "An important detail" but a bit of "Big picture" since we haven't done one of these posts in a while.
- Which audience or audiences do you think your post is appropriate for?:
Wikimedians interested in how the switch went and others learning about how we keep the site resilient
- Will you need assistance with writing your blog post, or do you already have a draft? If you have a draft, please provide a link here:
- Does your post need to be published by a certain date? No, but certain relative times like "Earlier this week" will need to be adjusted.
- Do you have an image in mind for the featured image? You can learn more here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#Images_used_in_your_post
Something from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_servers_in_Carrollton maybe?
- Do you have any other questions or comments?
I'm very much unsure how to describe the list of services that moved. The actual list is: apertium, api-gateway, aqs, citoid, cxserver, echostore, eventgate-analytics, eventgate-analytics-external, eventgate-logging-external, eventgate-main, eventstreams, eventstreams-internal, helm-charts, kartotherian, kibana, linkrecommendation, logstash, mathoid, mobileapps, ores, proton, push-notifications, recommendation-api, restbase, schema, search, sessionstore, shellbox, similar-users, swift, swift-ro, swift-rw, termbox, thanos-query, thanos-swift, thumbor, wdqs, wdqs-internal, wikifeeds, zotero.
It's just a grab bag of 40 different and unrelated things.