This task is about making volunteers, at all projects, aware that the editing toolbar is now available within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes by default.
This task is a follow-up to the announcement @Whatamidoing-WMF made in Tech/News on Monday, 28 June 2021: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2021/26.
- Interested volunteers at all projects are made aware of the following:
- An editing toolbar is now available within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes, by default
- This new editing toolbar will make it easier to ping other users and insert links
- This new editing toolbar can be disabled within Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing
|Announcement location||Link to announcement|
- Announcements that meet the Announcement requirements are made in places where people with an interest in changes to the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes are likely to notice
- Links to the pages where announcements are made are posted to the ===Announcement locations section above
- The == Replying == and == New Discussions == sections of the Help:DiscussionTools page is updated to include information about the availability of the editing toolbar within both tools' source modes
- Done in https://w.wiki/3qbk