The docker-compose.yml, that orchestrates the wbregistry-01 instance of the wikibase-registry tool, is not in source control and only exists in that VM at /root/wikibase-registry/docker-compose.yml
We should use check this into some source control and usually only update it via git pull.
Ideally, we'd switch to managing tools like that purely declarative, but that might be out of scope.
Regarding update etc, there are already some docs at https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry which should be cleaned up, used and or removed if we recreate them somewhere else.
Acceptance criteria 🏕️🌟(August 2021)
- wbregistry-01 docker-compose.yml is under source control
- the files at the instance can be updated by performing a git pull and some form of restart of the containers
- there is a README.md in the repo, detailing the most important things:
- how the ssh to the instance hosting the registry (what it is called)
- how to update the registry docker-compose code from the git repo (where it is, what commands to run)
- how to update the docker deployment from the new docker-compose file / changes (recreate containers, build if needed etc)
- how to check that the deployed state looks OK (check that only the expected containers are running)
- when and how to submit things to the Server Admin Logs (SAL) https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry