This task is about writing and deploying the config change necessary for everyone (logged in and out) to have access to the Reply and New Discussion Tools' new source mode, by default.
⚠️ Deployment timing
Planned for tomorrow, 5 August 2021.
Note: this patch should be backported along with the one that is written for T287315.
- At wikis where where the Reply and New Discussion Tool are available as either an opt-in beta feature or opt-out user preference (read: all Wikipedias and Wikimedia projects), people who have either tool enabled should see:
- The same toolbar within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' source modes that is available in both tools' visual modes.
- A setting within Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing's Discussion page section referring to DiscussionTools' source mode toolbar that is enabled
- When both the Enable quick topic adding and Enable quick replying settings are TURNED OFF, the Enable editing tools in source mode...[i] setting should NOT be visible.
- @ppelberg documents the deployment timing in the Deploying timing section above
- All Requirements are implemented
i. Exact language defined in T287315